- System Optimization October 21, 2015 System optimization is the long journey that begins after go-live. This presentation to the Puget Sound Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI) describes how to use changes, through process improvement, as a way to maximize system use after deployment.
- Project Management HIT FAQs October 21, 2015 Learn Project Management basics. We prepared this publication in conjunction with the Healthcare Information System Society (HIMSS) as an introduction on how to use project management methods in healthcare IT projects.
Project Management HIT FAQs
- Project Management for Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) October 20, 2015 Our book, Project Management for Healthcare Information Technology (HIT), published in February 2011 by McGraw-Hill is available from Amazon and other resellers:
- Scott Coplan Presents Project Management Principles to North American State and Provincial Lotteries August 29, 2015 View our presentation, Top 10 Integrated Project Management Principles
- Scott Coplan delivers national broadcast to Sanofi Pharmaceutical Account Executives August 29, 2015 View our presentation, How Can Sanofi Use I.T. to Transform Healthcare?
- Adding Mindset to the Order Set: Changing the Way We Change January 1, 2015
Journal of Healthcare Information Management (JHIM) Winter 2015 / Volume 28 / No. 1
In this issue, we examine changing the way we approach change, obstacles and opportunity as a significant tool in successfully navigating the myriad of current and planned changes in health care IT, and suggest that how and what we learn from our ...
- Elephant in the Room: The Role of Shame in Health IT Resistance October 1, 2014
Journal of Healthcare Information Management (JHIM) Fall 2014 / Volume 28 / Number 4
In this issue, we examine building on caregiver empathy, not just toward patients but among each other, to help overcome shame and embrace courage to benefit healthcare organizations as they complete IT projects transitioning them to new ways of caring for and ...
- Let Curiosity Cross the Chasm: Reducing Physician Resistance July 1, 2014
Journal of Healthcare Information Management (JHIM) Summer 2014 / Volume 28 / Number 3
In this issue, we examine harnessing physician curiosity as a way to reduce resistance to changes in the way we deliver services using healthcare IT.
- Big Data: Seeing the Big Picture in “Big Data” April 1, 2014
Journal of Healthcare Information Management (JHIM) Spring 2013 / Volume 27 / Number 2
In this issue, we examine how making “meaningful use” out of the healthcare data we now collect requires not just data collection, but training people today for the way we want to practice medicine tomorrow – a critical aspect of improving HIT ...
- Health IT and Patient Engagement: The Cart Before the Horse October 1, 2013
Journal of Healthcare Information Management (JHIM) 2013 / Volume 27 / Number 4
In this issue, we examine how building trust and an effective platform where patients and providers jointly participate in sensible and meaningful information exchange is the basis for discovering a myriad of patient engagement solutions, including those that involve healthcare IT.